Please refer to these notes before editing this page.
From Moodle 1.9 onwards, teachers may add notes about their students.
The notes page may be accessed via the Notes tab in a user's profile page or the Notes tab on the Participants page.
A note's status determines who can see the note.
- Personal - The note will be visible only to you (as the Note author)
- Course - The note will be visible to other Managers and Teachers in this course (users with notes:view capability in this course)
- Site - The note will be visible to other Managers and Teachers in all courses (users with notes:view capability in any course) when viewing within a course
Tips and tricks
- Enable/disable notes: In Moodle 2.0 onwards, Notes may be disabled by unticking the enablenotes checkbox in Site administration > Advanced Features.
- An Admin, Manager or Teacher may have used the Notes functionality to create private and/or teaching notes regarding a user and changing this user's permissions will give them access to this information
- Users with this capability set to Allow can edit and delete another user's Note(s)