New for teachers
If you're a teacher in Moodle, then this page will tell you about the major changes affecting you in Moodle 3.1
- A new core theme, Boost, bring with it important navigation and course editing changes.
- New courses using the Boost theme will no longer display blocks, in line with mobile app usage, although you may still add blocks if you need to.
- A nav drawer on the left replaces the navigation block and may be opened and closed to free up space.
- In the new Boost theme, a gear menu is present at the top of the course page.
- Here you can turn on editing andlocate other important aspects of the course.
- A 'More' link leads to course administration settings.
- Existing activities and resources may be a gear menu within the activity.
- Your favourite sound and video files will display more efficiently across browsers, with caption and subtitling options.
- Enrolments may be quickly handled by clicking the gear in the Participants link:
- It's now possible to set an end date for your course as well as a start date, although this does not affect students being able to access your course.
- Rubrics may have negative scores, for example to penalise students who submit late.
Forum: Discussion locking
It's now possible to lock discussions after a specified time
Choice: Selection by teacher
Teachers may now make selections on behalf of students.
Workshop: Portfolio export
A new capability workshop:exportsubmissions, given to teachers and students by default, means workshop submissions and assessments may be exported to external portfolios such as Mahara.
Deadlines for assignments may now be overridden for individual students and groups (in the same way as for quizzes) with this new feature.
Lesson: Content page duplication
When creating several similar content pages within a lesson, a duplicate icon allows for easily copying.