Moodle app FAQ
- 1 How can I use Moodle on mobile devices?
- 2 I can't get the app to work. Where can I get help?
- 3 I think I found a bug with the app. What do I do?
- 4 Moodle Mobile app says I need 2.4 or higher
- 5 Administrator FAQ
- 6 I get the following error "Invalid response value detected" when accessing the site
- 7 See also
How can I use Moodle on mobile devices?
- The official Moodle mobile app allows you to view and participate in courses from your mobile.
- Even without the app, recent versions of Moodle should have mobile-friendly (responsive) themes to improve the user experience when accessing courses on smaller devices.
I can't get the app to work. Where can I get help?
- Students and teachers
- If you are a student or teacher, first contact the administrator of your organisation's Moodle site.
- If you are the administrator and you have enabled mobile services on your site, then check the following and then post details of your problem in the Moodle for mobile support forum
- If your site uses an SSL certificate, it must be a trusted certificate, not self-signed. (See this forum threadfor more information on SSL certificates.)
- Verify that Debugging and "Display debug messages" are disabled in your site ( Administration / Development / Debugging)
I think I found a bug with the app. What do I do?
- Log in to the Moodle Mobile tracker https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE (you'll need to create a tracker account if you've not done so previously)
- Check whether the issue has already been reported by searching all the issues
- If not, report the bug by clicking the 'Create Issue' link at the top right of the page, selecting 'Moodle Mobile' as the project
- Add a detailed description then click the Create button
- Attach the following files to the issue by selecting 'Attach Files' in the 'More actions' dropdown menu:
- 'Device information' - this can be found in the app (Settings -> Development -> Device info, you can send yourself this information by email using the e-mail button at the bottom)
- App Log (Settings -> Development -> Show Log, again you can send yourself this information by email)
Moodle Mobile app says I need 2.4 or higher
Check with the administrator of your site that mobile services have been enabled.
I can't view the courses tab as an administrator
The Moodle Mobile app is not suited for administrators ad the app displays only the courses you are enrolled in (not the courses you can see by capabilities).Note that the targeted user of the app is mainly a student or teacher.If you want to see the courses as an admin, you must be enrolled in the courses. You can use a non visible role or something similar.
I got the "we lost connection; you need to reconnect. Your token is now invalid." on my custom version of Moodle Mobile
Please, verify that you have followed all the steps here: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_Mobile_Developing_a_plugin_tutorial#Set_up_your_Moodle_installation
And also that you have enabled the moodle/webservice:createtoken capability for the Authenticated User Role at System Context
I got the error "Automatically token generation is not available to site administrators"
This can be easily solved, administrators must create a token manually in Moodle (Plugins > Web Services > Manage tokens) for the local_mobile service.
I get the following error "Invalid response value detected" when accessing the site
Sometimes it happens the user quota global setting is not an integer, when it should be, see https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=320873 for more information