How can I change a word or phrase used in Moodle?
- Access Administration > Language > Language editing.
- Click the "Edit words or phrases" link in the middle of the page.
- On the edit words or phrases page click the "Switch lang directory" button and a local language folder, parentlanguage_local, will automatically be created in moodledata/lang. Files of edited strings will then be saved in this folder. This is necessary to prevent changes that you make being overwritten by a newer language pack when updating your Moodle site.
- Choose a file to edit. You may need to search through a few files before finding the file containing the word you wish to change. The file moodle.php contains all common site-wide phrases.
- Change the word or phrase.
- Click the "Save changes" button. The changed phrase will be highlighted in a different colour.
I want to help improving a existing language pack. Where do I start?
You can contact the maintainer of the language pack and ask where you can help. See Translation credits for a list of translators. The top name of each language pack is the current language pack maintainer. If you don't get any response, you can email email@example.com.
I've found an error in a language pack. Who do I contact?
Please contact the language pack maintainer. See Translation credits for contact details.
- Using Moodle Languages forum