The Feedback module allows you to create and conduct surveys to collect feedback. Unlike the Survey tool it allows you to write your own questions, rather than choose from a list of pre-written questions.
The Feedback module is included in Moodle 2.0, but disabled by default.
The long term plan is to replace Feedback with a new module combining the best of Questionnaire, Feedback and Survey. See Development:Survey 2 brainstorm
Enabling Feedback Module
- As an administrator, go to Settings > Site Administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Manage activities
- Turn on the (open) eye of "Feedback"
Enabling Feedback Block
To provide the option of adding a Feedback block to a course, you must first ensure the block type has been enabled. When added to a course, the Feedback block will display a list of all Feedback activities associated with a course. This is helpful for when you want to draw the user's attention to completing the Feedback activity.
- Go to Settings>Site Administration>Plugins>Blocks>Manage blocks
- Turn on the eye of "Feedback" here to in order to have Feedback as a block.
- Student feedback captured within Moodle blog post with video