Revision as of 03:59, 7 August 2012 by Michael de Raadt
The Calendar Reminders plugin creates reminders for Moodle calendar events and sends them automatically to relevant users in a timely manner via Moodle messaging interface. This is a local plugin controlled by the site administrator.
- Reminders can have customised delivery times/methods according to event types.
- Users can control how they receive calendar reminders in their messaging preferences.
- Reminders are automatically sent (as long as the system Cron process is set up).
- Fetch the plug-in from following location.
- Go to Reminders and download the latest version from the repository.
- Go to the 'local' directory inside Moodle root directory.
- Extract the downloaded zip file inside to this folder. After it is extracted, there should be a "reminders" folder in the local folder with a structure as shown in the project developer documentation.
- Log into the Moodle site as the admin user. Usually the new plugin will be identified and notified you when logged-in. If not, go to Settings > Site administration > Notifications to detect and automatically install the local plug-in.
- Now you can change the plug-in specific settings via Settings > Site Administration > Plugins > Local plugins > Reminders.
Sample e-mail reminder
Administrator settings page
Tips and tricks
- If you want to change the cron frequency of reminders plugin, open version.php file in the reminders directory and change the value corresponding to $plugin->cron. That value must be in seconds and it is the interval between two cron cycles.
- Mentors: Michael de Raadt and Rossiani Wijaya
- Special thanks goes to Luiggi Sansonetti who translated the plugin into French language.
Bugs and Improvements
- Please report bugs and improvements on the Tracker using the Local: Calendar Reminders component.
- Download location from plugin repository, Local Reminders
- [http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-3647 CONTRIB-3647] Automating Email reminders for calendar events project in Tracker.
- Plugin development Repository
- Forum post Local Plugin - Email Reminders for Calendar Events
- RSS Feed from Personal Blog, RSS Feed.