Difference between revisions of "Enrolments"
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
Revision as of 14:25, 5 December 2018
Enrolment, or 'enrollment', is the process of marking users as participants in the course, in other words assigning them a role such as student or teacher.
Moodle provides a number of ways of managing course enrolment, called enrolment plugins. Click the links below for further information.
- Manual enrolment - the administrator or course teacher adds users manually
- Self enrolment - a user can choose to enrol him/herself into a course
- Cohort sync - users are part of a Cohort which is added to the course
- Course meta link - users enrolled in other courses are given automatic access
- Guest access - users can view course materials but not participate
- Category enrolments - users are enrolled in all courses in a category
- External database - users are enrolled from a database such as Access, MySQL
- Flat file - users are enrolled with a csv file
- IMS Enterprise - users are enrolled with this standard XML file format
- LDAP enrolment - users are authenticated and then enrolled through LDAP
- MNet remote enrolments - users are enrolled via a linked Moodle site
- PayPal - users purchase enrolment with Paypal
In addition, the Publish as LTI tool enrolment plugin, together with the LTI authentication plugin, allows remote users on a different site to access selected courses and activities.