Moodle App - Zusatzfunktionen
Local plugin for adding new features to the current Moodle Mobile app (Plugin download link)
This add-on provides new features and web services which are currently only available in Moodle 2.7.
Was macht das Plugin?
Once installed the plugin creates a new service "Moodle Mobile additional features".
The Mobile app checks if this service is enabled. If not, the Mobile app falls backs to the standard core Mobile app service.
- Support for sites using SSO authentication methods (Shibboleth and CAS)
- Push notifications
- Retrieval of private messages and notifications from the site
- Retrieval of calendar events from the site
SSO-Authentifizierung für Websites mit Shibboleth oder CAS
Once the plugin is installed, you need to go to Site administration > Plugins > Local plugins > Moodle Mobile additional features
There you can choose the "Type of login":
- Via the app: Is the default login, the user must introduce his credentials in the app
- Via a browser window: A new browser instance is open in the mobile device pointing to the login form in the Moodle site. The user must introduce his credentials there. This is the option that must be selected for sites using SSO methods (or for sites that wants to force the user to authenticate in the site, not in the app)
Wenn Sie Push-Mitteilungen für eine Moodle-Website aktivieren möchten, muss in Versionen vor Moodle 2.6 dieses Plugin installiert sein.
Weitere Informationen: Mobile App - Push-Mitteilungen
1. Unpack the zip file into the local/ directory. A new directory will be created called local/mobile.
2. Go to Site administration > Notifications to complete the plugin installation.
3. Go to Site administration > Plugins > Web services > External services, edit "Moodle Mobile additional features" and check the "Enabled" field, then save changes.
4. Go to Site administration > Users > Define roles, edit the Authenticated user role and allow the capability moodle/webservice:createtoken.
Note: You need to have upgraded the Moodle Mobile app to version 1.4.4.
If you are currently using the Moodle Mobile app, you will need to log out of all your sites in order for the app to detect the new service.
Wichtiger Hinweis für Administrator/innen
This plugin installs a new service in your Moodle installation, the automatic token creation for this type of services is forbidden for admin users. This means that admin users will not be able to use the Mobile app.
This can be solved easily, administrators must create a token manually in Moodle (Plugins > Web Services > Manage tokens) for the local_mobile service.