You Might Be a Moodler
Revision as of 12:33, 9 September 2006 by Jan Dierckx
In the spirit of Jeff Foxworthy's You Might be a Redneck - http://www.jefffoxworthy.com/comedy/jod/index.shtml
- If you have ever turned on a football game and and the orange uniforms of one team caused you to leap up from the sofa and check out moodle.org, you might be a Moodler.
- If you type "moodle.org" in your browser when you intend to type "google.com."
- If you can spell Dougiamas without having to look it up.
- If you can pronounce Dougiamas without having to look it up.
- If you check the Moodle forums at 8:30 on a Saturday night.
- If you find yourself heading to the bugtracker when the dishwasher is broken.
- If you start seeing double square brackets around words you don't know the translation of.
- If your neighbours wonder why you named your cats Helen and Howard.
- Your spouse wants you to take up golf again because they hate being a 'moodle widow(er)' more.
- You describe the color of something as "Moodle" orange.
- If you find yourself logging in to moodle.org during your summer holiday in Italy instead of enjoying the beautiful view or going to the beach. (Hi from Italy, Sigi)
- If you come all the way from Germany to the US during your summer holiday and in addition to visiting lots of places you must absolutely go to a small town in South Carolina to find out about the latest Moodle tricks
- You try to figure out how to grade e-mails from your friends without a drop down box
- You find moodle.org is down for some reason and the first thing you want to do is post on moodle.org about it.
- Every verb you use is 'to moodle'.
- You go into a Chinese restaurant and ask for a side order of Moodles with your Egg Foo Young.
- You know that the course id for Using Moodle is 5.
- And even if you drive a car, you always drive it in 5th gear.
- You throw away all but the orange M&M's.
- You eat all but the orange M&M's (and keep it for good feng shui in your desktop).
- You try to convince your wife and kids that there is a Disney Park in Perth.
- The homepage of your computer is http://www.moodle.org.
- The homepage of every computer you have ever laid hands on is http://www.moodle.org.
- You only recently discovered that typing an address in your browser takes you to a page outside Moodle.org
- You sometimes refer to your third child as 1.3
- YOur default response to a rerun on TV is to fire up the laptop and check out moodle.org.
- If you put little labels on the remote control taht say... view.php?id=1, view.php?id=2, etc ...