Difference between revisions of "Installations 1000 plus"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 02:13, 7 February 2006
- Monte Sant' Angelo Mercy College - MonteNet is used as our colleges student intranet and e-learning portal. Currently running 1.6dev with a few extra custom features thrown in.
- Monte Sant' Angelo Mercy College - Compass takes moodle and uses it for a purpose that is a little outside the square. Compass is used as the staff intranet. Each course is refered to as a "Space" and is used by each departmentr to store meating minutes, agendas and teaching documentation. Communications tools such as forums allow to facilitate better teacher communication and the events are used to keep the teachers events online and targeted (e.g. year 9 teachers all know when excursions are on, all english teachers know when reports are due, etc).
- Tampere Polytechnic or Tampereen ammattikorkeakoulu (www.tamk.fi), is a around 5000 student college or "a university of applied sciences" located at Tampere, Finland. Our moodle installation hosts around 2500 active students.
- Lahti Polytechnic or Lahden ammattikorkeakoulu is also a "university of applied sciences", located at Lahti, Finland. We have about 5400 students, and a Moodle installation called Reppu (Finnish word for "backpack"). We are approaching the 5000 active users mark.
- We are a 5000 people school, one server, 9 locations and using Moodle for almost three years now: https://studiewijzerplus.nl Every schoolyear we start again with counting the number of users and the automatic counter (thanks Penny!) is now pointing at 3103
- CICEI - Center of Innovation for the Information Society. We have a production Moodle server having currently 1,042 users in 72 courses covering a wide range of applications (as of February 6, 2006).
- The University of Glasgow has a range of Moodle installations in use, totalling to around 5000 users according to published data. Their Education Department alone has more than 2000 registered users.
- Goldsmiths College, London - over 2,500 active users. See also this presentation at a 2004 conference.
- Thanet College - a "medium sized general FE college", using Moodle as documented in this Ferl case study
- Alton College - a Beacon sixth form college with over 2,500 active users.
- Egglescliffe School and Sixth Form - a specialist arts school with over 1500 active moodle users.
United States of America
- Glyphdoctors is a site with over 1200 registered users (as of Feb. 2006) on a shared server host, Open Source Host. It will offer online courses in Egyptology and Egyptian hieroglyphs to the general public. Currently, there is one free public course available and several others under development.
- McMurry Universityhas one Moodle instance, begun as a pilot project in June, 2005. McMurry is a small (1400 FTE) undergraduate-only institution affiliated with the United Methodist church. Currently the instance supports 1700 users (650 active), some 32 instructors, and approximately 50 active courses.