Group choice quick guide
What is Group choice?
Group choice is an activity module similar to the Choice activity. It allows students to select one or more groups they wish to be a member of in a course. Following their choice,they are automatically enrolled into the group(s)of their choice.
How is it set up?
- As a teacher in your course, go to Course administration > Users >Groups and make sure you have the desired groups already created. See Groups for more information.
- With the editing turned on, add Group Choice from the Activity chooser.
- Give it a name and if required a description.
- Decide if the students can choice only one group or several. Read the documentation on Choice for more information about the Miscellaneous settings.
- If you don't want students to know who is in the groups, select 'Do not publish results to students". If you only want them to see after they choose, select 'Show results to students only after they answer'.
- Choose the groups you wish the students to select from by clicking them in Available groups and moving them over to Selected groups. Several may be selected and added at once.
How does it work?
When the student clicks on the Group choice activity, they can select which group(s) they wish to join.
If allowed, they can toggle a Show/Hide link to see who else is in the groups:
How can I get it?
Group choice is a contributed plugin which must be installed by an administrator from the plugins directory here.
It is also available as standard in Moodle for School sites.