Difference between revisions of "Forum activity"
m (wording changes, category)
m (mod/forum/index moved to Forums)
Revision as of 20:00, 15 February 2006
This activity can be the most important – it is here that most discussion takes place. Forums may be structured in different ways, and can include peer rating of each posting. Generally, forum postings may be edited upto 30 minutes after posting. The postings can be viewed in a variety for formats, and can include attachments. By subscribing to a forum, participants will receive copies of each new posting in their email. A teacher can impose subscription on everyone if they want to.
Forums are divided into two main categories:
- General forums (found in section 0 of the course)
- Learning forums (the forums of the specific parts of the course: they are organized and numbered according to the course sections they appear in).
Forums are organized under following headings:
- Forum (the name of the forum)
- Discussions (the number of discussions started)
- Unread posts (the number of posts you have not read yet)
- Track (the 'yes/no' information about your choice whether or not track the unread posts - if your choice is negative, you will find an '-' sign instead of the number of the posts unread)
- Subscribed (the 'yes/no' information about your choice whether or not get the posts transferred to your mail box)
- RSS (the 'RSS' (Really Simple Syndication) button - please refer to RSS in forums for additional information
- The philosophy underlying "no editing after 30 minutes" forum discussion