- A course enrollment key is what keeps unwanted people out of your course.
- If you leave this blank, then anyone who has created a Moodle username on this site will be able to enroll in your course simply by going in to it.
- If you put something here, then students who are trying to get in for the FIRST TIME ONLY will be asked to supply this word or phrase.
- The idea is that you will supply the key to authorized people using another means like private email, snail mail, on the phone or even verbally in a face to face class.
- If this password "gets out" and you have unwanted people enrolling, you can unenroll them (see their user profile page) and change this key. Any legitimate students who have already enrolled will not be affected, but the unwanted people won't be able to get back in.
The enrol(l)ment key is a Moodle setting that any teacher or admin user can set on a course by course basis. It is an integral security function that can control which Moodle site users are able to enrol(l) themselves as students in the course. To locate and use this setting:
- Login to Moodle as an admin or teacher
- Navigate to the desired course
- Locate the Administration block and click on Settings
- Scroll down and locate the Enrollment key form field
- Enter your desired key in the adjacent text field
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save changes