Difference between revisions of "Edit profile"
m (course admin nav)
m (user/edit moved to Edit profile)
Revision as of 00:35, 15 February 2006
- First name, surname
- The first two fields are quite self-explanatory. The first and last names that you supply should be those that you wish to be known by on the course. They will be used by the tutors to identify you when grading work and responding in forums and other activities.
- Email address
- The email address should be the address you wish to use to receive acknowledgements and messages from the system, and is also the address that is displayed to your tutors and other users of the moodle site, assuming that you have set the "Email display" option to allow other participants in your course to see your address, so it should be a mail address that you check regularly. Other email display options are to hide your mail address from all users, or to make it available to all users on the moodle system, not just members of the courses you are enrolled in.
- Email display
- This controls the visibility of the address to others, allowing you to show or hide your email in the class. There are three options: you can set it so that all users (including guests) could see your email, or so that only other students in the class could see your email address, or so that no one could see your email address at all.
- Email activated
- You can either enable or disable emails being sent to your address.
- Email format
- For the messages to come into your mailbox, you can choose between "Pretty HTML format" (which means that the messages will be formatted with different fonts and colours to make them easier to read) and "Plain text format" (plain text with no fancy formatting or colours).
- Email digest type
- This setting allows you to choose how you want to receive any emails you get from forums. There are three possible choices: No digest, complete or subjects.
- Forum auto-subscribe
- This setting lets you decide if you want email copies of posts that are added to forums. If you set this to subscribe, the system will email you copies of new posts in forums that you join.
- Forum tracking
- Enabling forum tracking means highlighting the posts you have not read yet, which should improve your forum navigation.
- When editing text
- This can usually be left on "Use HTML editor (some browsers only)". This allows for text formatting options, but requires newer browsers. If you find your browser is not letting you edit text, change this setting to "Use standard web forms".
- City/town; country
- These fields are used to further identify you by geographical location.
- This field is used to convert time-related messages on the system (such as assignment deadlines) from the server local time to the correct time in whichever zone you have selected.
- Preferred language and theme
- The E-learning server can display in several different languages and colour themes, which you can choose from in these two options.
- In this field you can enter some text about yourself, be it information about your studies, hobbies, qualifications or anything else that does not break the acceptable use policy of this site. This text will be visible to anyone that views your profile.