Difference between revisions of "Decaf theme"
m (→Theme Features)
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
The only setting to be aware of here is the
The only setting to be aware of here is the (switch all settingsmenus OFF as if you don't it will run like a dog)
Latest revision as of 03:12, 4 September 2013
This is a contributed (third party) three column full width theme for Moodle written by Lei Zhang and maintained now by Paul Nichols.
The theme is customisable through Moodle's theme settings.
- 1 Theme Features
- 2 Illustration of decaf-course menu combo
- 3 Configurable Options
- 4 The menus
- 5 Other themes with the Awesome bar
- 6 Theme Settings
- 7 Download link
- 8 Interesting hacks and Mods
- 9 See also
- Main feature of Decaf: the Awesome Bar navigation which is at the top rather than at the side.
- Plus there is a nice small edit button rather than the usual row of icons.
Important Note: When making changes to any theme please ensure that Theme Designer Mode is enabled to ensure your changes appear.
From a post in the plugins forum:
You can't run Awesome bar AND the built in Nav and Settings menus. Just to much overhead. So, you are best to
- Go to home page and for NAV and SETTINGS blocks show on front page only
- Then "hide on front page"
- In DECAF settings set both to 'Show on front page=NO".
Other themes with the Awesome bar
The only setting to be aware of here is the show other menus (switch all settings/admins menus OFF as if you don't it will run like a dog)
This option uses a small edit button rather than a number of edit option icons.
Show user picture
You can download the theme from https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=theme_decaf
Interesting hacks and Mods
- Add dynamic footer: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=230045