Collapsed Weeks course format
The Collapsed Weeks course format is a contributed code module. It is similar to the standard Weekly format for a course. The current week is always toggled on.
The code was based on the Collapsed Topics contributed code module.
You can download the format from the Modules and Plugins Database or by going to GitHub and selecting the 'branch' for your version of Moodle if the database is unavailable. Full installation instructions are in the included 'Readme.txt' file.
To select the format, simply choose it from the list of course formats in the course settings. To show / hide a topic just click on its toggle.
When refreshing the page, the state of the 'toggles' is remembered. This is on a per browser session per course basis for as long as the browser remains open. If you would like it to persist longer, please follow the instructions in the included 'Readme.txt' file.
Changing the look
The Arrow If you want to change the look and style of the arrow, simply change 'arrow_down.png' and 'arrow_up.png'.
Q. How do I report an issue with Collapsed Weeks?
Q. Is Collapsed Weeks Moodle 2.0 compatible?
- A. Yes. It incorporates a change where the section name of the week summary is used instead of the summary itself to form the words on the toggle.
Collapsed Weeks has been developed by and is maintained by Gareth Barnard with invaluable input from:
- Anthony Borrow
- Frank Ralf, Matt Gibson, Howard Miller and Tim Hunt who commented on the Developer Forum
- Craig Grannell - Snub Communications who wrote the article 'Collapsed Tables' in .Net Magazine Issue 186
- Collapsed weeks is the Modules and plugins database page for downloads and more information. There are versions for Moodle 1.9, 2.0 and 2.1.
- Discussions: please create or find a discussion topic in the Moodle Course Formats Forum
- Moodle Tracker to report an issue.
- Collapsed Topics course format is a similar contributed code module.