Note for Contributors This page should explain what can be seen on the moodlesite.com/course/mod.php page when adding a chat
Name of this chat room
A short name of the chat, which will be displayed on the course homepage.
Type the description of the chat here. Include precise instructions for students regarding the subject of the chat.
Next chat time
The day and hour of the next chat session.
You can choose any out of four options allowing to schedule the future chat sessions:
- Don't publish any chat times
- No repeats - publish the specified time only
- At the same time every day
- At the same time every week
Save past sessions
You can determine the number of days (or rather, choose out of several options
Everyone can view past sessions
You can decide here whether or not allow everyone to view past chat sessions.
This sets the group mode of the choice activity to one of the following three:
- No groups - there are no sub groups, everyone is part of one big community
- Separate groups - each group can only see their own group, others are invisible
- Visible groups - each group works in their own group, but can also see other groups
The group mode can be defined at two levels:
- Course level
The group mode defined at the course level is the default mode for all activities defined within that course
- Activity level
Each activity that supports groups can also define its own grouping mode. If the course is set to "force group mode" then the setting for each activity is ignored.
Visible to students
You can hide the activity from students by selecting "Hide" here. It is useful if you wouldn't like to make the activity available immediately.