Difference between revisions of "Automated course backup"
m (Direct Cron link)
m (link to Japanese)
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
Revision as of 14:04, 28 May 2007
The backup configuration page enables administrators to configure automated course backups and a backup schedule. This menu can be found in the administration block under configuration.
- Course backups are more expensive in terms of time and CPU usage. The recovery time to have your site running again is longer.
- Course backups are useful for obtaining "fresh" copies of courses to be re-used or distributed individually, however they should never be used as a primary backup system (unless your hosting doesn't allow the preferred site backups).
- In order to make scheduled course backups, you have to setup CRON to run periodically. Have a look at Set up cron for details.
- Site backups, as explained in upgrading Moodle, are recommended in order to have all data saved with the best confidence and the shorter recovery time.
- From 1.6 onwards, course backups automatically skip courses which are unavailable to students AND have not been changed in the last month.