'Problems on series and parallel circuits'
1. The p.d’s measured across three resistors connected in series are 5 V, 7 V, and 10 V, and the supply current is 2 A. Determine (a) The supply voltage (b) The total circuit resistance and (c) The values of the resistors.
2. For the circuit shown in the figure below, determine the value of V1. If the total circuit resistance is 36 Ω determine the supply current and the value of resistors R1, R2 and R3
3. Two resistors are connected in series across an 18 V supply and a current of 5 A flows. If one of the resistors has a value of 2.4 Ω determine (a) the value of the other resistor and (b) the P.d across the 2.4Ω resistor.
4. For the circuit shown below, find (a) the value of the supply voltage V and the value of current I.
5. Resistances of 10 Ω, 20 Ω and 30 Ω are connected (a) in series and (b) in parallel to a 240 V supply. Calculate the supply current in each case.
In later versions of Moodle, the role of teacher has been further defined. There is now a role called "Course creator". This role can create a course, assign Teachers, plus have all the privileges of a Teacher.
There is "non editing teacher" role that would be suitable for a student mentor or course adjuncts.
Clicking on the "Teacher" link below will take you to the same place.