Revision as of 13:03, 6 August 2006 by Dan Stowell
Moodle has no built-in tools for speech messaging or audioconferencing. However, there are some interesting projects which are working towards enabling the use of voice tools within Moodle, at various stages of maturity:
- COVCELL, an EU-funded project to provide various enhancements for online language learning, including audio conferencing. See also COVCELL discussion forum on moodle.org The audio conferencing will use a RED5 Flash-based server.
- Integration of Moodle with Gong (requires a Java server)
- Integration of Moodle with dimdim open-source webconferencing system. (Not sure what the server requirements are.)
- MoodleSpeex Java applets for voice messaging (note: does not require any modifications/additions to the server setup)
- The Horizon Wimba company provides a subsription-based service providing voice tools for use in VLEs. Moodle integration of these tools is forthcoming.