Difference between revisions of "Speech tools"
(→Free tools: format and edit)
(→Commercial tools: explain Wimba a bit more)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
* The '''Horizon Wimba''' company provides a
* The '''Horizon Wimba''' company provides a -based service providing [http://www.horizonwimba.com/products/voicetools/ voice tools] for use in VLEs. Moodle.
Revision as of 13:52, 5 November 2008
Moodle has no built-in tools for speech messaging or audioconferencing. However, there are some interesting projects which are working towards enabling the use of voice tools within Moodle, at various stages of maturity:
- COVCELL, an EU-funded project to provide various enhancements for online language learning, including audio conferencing.
- See also COVCELL discussion forum on moodle.org The audio conferencing will use a RED5 Flash-based server.
- Integration of Moodle with Gong (requires a Java server)
- NanoGong is Open Source, may require code change of HTML editor
- Integration of Moodle with dimdim open-source webconferencing system. (requires Windows or Linux for the server, Flash+IE/FireFox for the admin and client - still in beta (9 April 2007))
- MoodleSpeex Java applets for voice messaging (note: does not require any modifications/additions to the server setup)
- Audio_in_Moodle#Using_Audacity_to_Convert_audio_and_Record_voice Audacity is Open Source