Remote RSS feeds block
The RSS feeds block enables RSS feeds from external websites to be displayed within Moodle. As the information on the other site (e.g. news headlines, recently added documents) is updated the block will update to show the latest info.
Configure RSS Feeds (Configure this block tab)
After adding an RSS feed block, you will need to configure which feeds will be displayed, by clicking the edit icon for the block.
- Display each link's description?
- Choose yes or no from the drop-down menu to determine whether the block will display a description of each article, or just the title of the article. Both the title and description are generated by the external feed.
- Max number of entries to show per block
- Determines how many articles will be displayed. The most recent will be displayed first.
- Choose the feeds to make available
- Check the box next to each feed you would displayed in this block. You can have more than one instance of the RSS feed block if you would like to break them up.
- Enter a title for the block. If you leave this blank a title will be taken from the RSS feeds, which can be confusing if there are multiple feeds in one block.
- Display a link?
- Each article headline should link to the full article, but you can also display a link to the original site where available.
- Diplay channel image?
- Some feeds supply an image or logo from the original site which you can choose to display when available.
Add/Manage RSS feeds (Manage all my feeds tab)
Adding a new feed requires you to copy and paste (or type) the URL address of the RSS feed in the space provided. You will find this on the original site generating the feed. You can then choose a custom title if you would prefer to use your own in place of the one generated by the feed.
Click the Add button to submit the feed. There is a validation tool included to confirm the feed URL is accurate.
NB: To add the new feed to your course you will have to configure an RSS feed block to include the new feed.