Template:Moodle 2.0 The Portfolio in Moodle 2.0 is a new kind of feature in Moodle that manages files. Essentially it gathers a student's work that was performed in Moodle and puts it together in one place.
While Portfolio in Moodle 2.0 performs many similar tasks to previous contributed code modules of the same name, it is not a module. Thus, it is setup and administered in a different manner.
How to use portfolios in 2.0
- When portfolios are enabled, every page or major piece of content in Moodle has a little "Save" button beside it.
- User clicks one of these buttons.
- User is able to choose from a list of configured portfolios (this step will be skipped if there's only one).
- User may be asked to define the format of the captured content (eg pdf, IMS LD, HTML, XML ...).
- User may be asked to define some metadata to go with the captured content (some will be generated automatically).
- The content and metadata is COPIED to the external portfolio system.
- User has an option to "Return to the page you left" or "Visit their portfolio".
Note this will be just as useful for teachers as for students.
To enable portfolios, check the enableportfolios box in Site Administration > Advanced features.