Difference between revisions of "Mobile web services"
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.4. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is likely available here: Mobile web services.
(→Enabling mobile web services)
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
*[[How to enable web
How to enable web ]]
Revision as of 02:11, 2 November 2011
Enabling mobile web services
A site administrator first must enable mobile web services:
- In Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Web services > External services
- Check "Enable mobile web services" and then
- Click Save.
That's it! No other steps required.
The rest of this document explains the "behind the scenes".
What happens when the service is enabled
Enabling the mobile web services will automatically:
- enable the web services system (Settings > Site administration > Advanced features)
- enable the built-in external service called 'Mobile web services' - you should see this new mobile service listed as enabled
- enable the xml-rpc protocol
- allow the 'webservice/xmlrpc:use' capability for authenticated user role
Disabling mobile web services
When you uncheck 'Enable mobile web services', it will automatically:
- disable the external service called 'Mobile web services'.
- if 'Mobile web services' was the only external service enabled:
- disable the web services system
- disable the xml-rpc protocol
- remove the 'webservice/xmlrpc:use' capability for authenticated user role