Data Protection Officer role
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.4. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is likely available here: Data Protection Officer role.
A Data Protection Officer can respond to data requests and manage the data registry.
Note: This role requires the Data privacy plugin to be installed on the site. The Data privacy plugin requires Moodle 3.4.2 or later and will be integrated in the Moodle 3.5 release in May 2018.
- Go to 'Define roles' in the Site administration.
- Click the button "Add a new role".
- Set the role archetype to Guest.
- Give the role a name such as 'Data Protection Officer', short name and description.
- For context types where this role may be assigned, tick system.
- Enter dataprivacy in the filter box, then allow the 3 dataprivacy capabilities 'Manage data registry', and 'Manage data requests'.
- Allow more capabilities as follows: moodle/site:configview, moodle/category:viewhiddencategories, moodle/course:viewhiddencourses, moodle/course:view, moodle/course:viewhiddenactivities.
- Click the button "Create this role".
- Go to 'Privacy settings' in the Site administration.
- Click to select the Data Protection Officer in the Data Protection Officer role mapping setting.
- Save changes.
- Go to 'Assign system roles' in the Site administration.
- Choose the Data Protection Officer role to assign.
- Select the user in the Potential users list, and use the left-facing arrow button to add them to the Existing users list.