Template:Moodle 1.6 Template:Moodle 1.7 The Certificate module creates PDF certificates/diplomas for students of the course and is completely customizable. You can add borders, watermarks, seals and even show grade information. It was originally created by Hugo Salgado, July, 2004, updated by David T. Cannon, July, 2005 to use FPDF and include printing grades, updated and currently maintained by Chardelle Bush to include backup/restore, types, reporting, emailing, unicode support, etc.
There are different certificate modules for 1.6 and 1.7. They are not compatible. These instructions were written for 1.6.
- Download and Unpack the Certificate zip file in a temporary area, keep the paths
- Find the folder that is called "Certificate" in the unpacked area
- Copy that folder to your moodle mod folder located for example at yourhost\moodle\mod . This will include folders db,docs and all the subfolders located under pics.
- Copy the file called "certificate.php" in the folder called "yourLangfolder" to your language folder, for example yourhost\moodle\lang\en. Note: It is not necessary to move the lang file into the Moodle lang folder, the certificate lang folder can stay in the mod/certificate folder.
- Go to your Moodle, open up the administation block, configuration. Moodle knows something has been added and it will proceed to install the certificate plugin module.
Help buttons give more information about each setting.
Tips & Tricks
- Want to indicate specific credits to display for a course? Use the Course ID field to record this information. For example "IS101- CREDIT HOURS 5.0" or simply "5.0 CEUs"
If you are using your own theme you have to put the icon.gif inside a folder called certificate and put in your mod folder image