Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.4. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is likely available here: Assignment settings.
Template:Assignments An Assignment is an activity that a teacher can select by a pull down menu in a course topic or week section. This page is about the Assignment settings, also found with the Update Assignment button.
I am a STAR
Complete Lessons 1-15 in the "Learn to Read" section. Take your time, you are not graded on your speed.
October 14, 2009 12:00:00
June 20, 2010
Prevent late submissions
Set to "No", assignments submitted after the due date will be marked as late, but students will still be able to submit them. Set to "Yes", assignment submission will be blocked after the due date.
Settings for specific assignment types (1.7 onwards)
Each assignment type, except offline assignment, has further settings which are detailed on the relevant assignment type pages:
Online Activity - Learn to Read Lessons 1-15
Common module settings
When course group mode is turned on, the group mode can be one of three levels: no groups, separate groups or visible groups.
- No groups
- There are no groups and all students submit their assignments in one Assignment area
- Separate groups
- Students submit their assignments within a separate Group based submission area and teachers/trainers can sort submissions by Group or view All Participants.
- Visible groups
- All students submits their assignment within a single Assignment area but may choose which Group to associate their submission with before uploading. Teachers/trainers can sort submissions by Group or view All Participants.
Choose whether to Show or Hide the assignment
Setting an ID number provides a way of identifying the assignment for grade calculation purposes. If the activity is not included in any grade calculation then the ID number field can be left blank.
Tips and tricks
- Want to use an Assignment activity again? Copy the assignment by backing up the course and selecting just the assignment, with or without students and their data. Restore the backup to the same course or to a new course. Move the copied assignment and or edit it.
- Want to use an Assignment activity in another course you teach? Use the import function in the course administration block.
- Using Moodle How do I make assignments worth more than 100 points? forum discussion