Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.3. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: User pictures.
Every user on Moodle is able to have their own personal profile picture (or "avatar") which can be uploaded via their profile. If no picture has been uploaded then the default is:
Viewing all user pictures
- An administrator can do a quick check of the user pictures by typing in the browser http://www.YOURMOODLESITE.com/userpix when logged in as admiin.
- Moodle.org has a modified version of this http://moodle.org/userpics/ - which shows to everyone the profile pictures of the 150 most recent logged-in users.
Updating user pictures
Users can update their picture by editing their user profile if this has not been disabled by the administrator in Settings>Site Administration>Site policies
Uploading user pictures in bulk
Location: Administration > Users > Accounts > Upload user pictures
The Upload user pictures feature enables administrators to upload a zip file containing user images.
- The image files should be named after the username, the idnumber or the id of the student (along with the correct image file extension.) For example, a student with the username jbrown98 would have a picture called jbrown98.jpg
- Image types supported include gif, jpg, and png.
- Image file names are not case sensitive.