Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.3. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Box repository.
The Box repository enables users to copy files from Box into Moodle.
In order to use the Box repository, your Moodle site must use HTTPS. In addition, an administrator must obtain a Box client ID and secret. The client ID and secret can then be used to configure all Box plugins.
Obtaining a Box client ID and secret
- Go to https://app.box.com and create an account or log in
- Go to https://app.box.com/developers/services and click the link 'Create new application'
- Select 'Custom app' and click 'Next'
- Select 'Standard OAuth 2.0 (User Authentication)' and click 'Next'
- Click 'View Your App'
- Enter an application name
- Edit 'Redirect URI' on the OAuth 2.0 Redirect URI section and write http://yourmoodleserver/admin/oauth2callback.php
- Click 'Save Changes' button
- On to the section 'OAuth 2.0 Credentials' make a note of the client ID and secret
The client ID and secret can then be used to configure the Box repository and Box portfolio.
Enabling the Box repository
- Go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Repositories > Manage Repositories
- Reactivate the Box.net repository by selecting 'Enabled and visible' in the dropdown menu
- Configure the repository plugin by entering the Box client ID and secret. Make sure you don't include any white space in the text boxes!
- Save changes
Enabling the Box portfolio
- Go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Portfolios > Manage Portfolios
- Reactivate the Box.net portfolio by selecting 'Enabled and visible' in the dropdown menu
- Configure the portfolio plugin by entering the Box client ID and secret
- Save changes
There is just one capability, View box.net repository, which is allowed for the default authenticated user role.