Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.2. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Installation FAQ.
This page contains answers to some of the most frequently asked questions by people installing Moodle. If you have followed the installation instructions but you still have a problem, then this page is probably the best place to be.
If you don't find your answer here try the Using Moodle course on moodle.org. Start by searching the forums using a few keywords, in case your problem has already been discussed. If you don't find anything, then try posting your question into the appropriate forum - somebody will usually be able to help you.
If you have tried a number of solutions without resolving an issue, and you are running behind a firewall, it may be advisable to try re-configuring your firewall to ensure that it is not blocking a required function or necessary communication. Firewalls very rarely cause problems with Moodle but are occasionally responsible for reduced functionality due to a mis-configuration in the firewall settings.
Use this list to jump to the appropriate answer below:
- 1 Whenever I try to access or view a file that I uploaded, I get an error "File not Found"
- 2 PHP - is it installed and what version do I have?
- 3 Why are all my pages blank?
- 4 My pages show fatal errors such as : call to undefined function: get_string()
- 5 Why do I keep getting error messages about "headers already sent"?
- 6 I keep getting this error: Failed opening required '/web/moodle/lib/setup.php'
- 7 Any text I add with an apostrophe (') or a quote (") causes errors or comes up with a slash added