Revision as of 15:13, 10 January 2013 by Helen Foster (Enabling teachers to view full profiles (as asked for in https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=211125))
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.2. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Capabilities/moodle/user:viewdetails.
- This allows a user to view another user's profile page
- If the capability is applied at the course level, for example a user is enrolled in a course as a student or teacher, then the user can view other users' course profile pages
- If the capability is applied at the system level, for example a user has the system role of manager, then the user can view full profile pages
- This capability is allowed for all default roles except the authenticated user role
- Parent role
- On moodle.org, this capability is allowed for the authenticated user role so that logged-in users can view the profiles of users participating in front page activities such as the Moodle Jobs database.
Enabling teachers to view full profiles
- As an administrator, go to Settings > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles and click the 'Add a new role' button
- Give the role a name, such as 'Full profile viewer' and tick System as the context type where the role may be assigned
- Copy and paste moodle/user:viewdetails into the filter box then tick the box to allow the capability
- Click the 'Create this role' button
- Go to Settings > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Assign system roles and click 'Full profile viewer'
- Assign teachers the role of 'Full profile viewer' by selecting them in the list of potential users and then adding them as existing users