(Redirected from Enrolment)
Enrolment, or 'enrollment', is the process of marking users as participants in the course, that includes both students and teachers. At the same time users are usually give a role in the course which specifies what they are allowed to do.
Moodle provides a number of ways of managing course enrolment, called enrolment plugins. Click the links below for further information.
- Manual enrolment - the administrator or course teacher adds users manually
- Self enrolment - a user can choose to enrol him/herself into a course
- Cohort sync - users are part of a Cohort which is added to the course
- Course meta link - users enrolled in other courses are given automatic access
- Guest access - users can view course materials but not participate
- Category enrolments - users are enrolled in all courses in a category
- External database - users are enrolled from a database such as Access, MySQL
- Flat file - users are enrolled with a csv file
- IMS Enterprise - users are enrolled with this standard XML file format
- LDAP enrolment - users are authenticated and then enrolled through LDAP
- MNet remote enrolments - users are enrolled via a linked Moodle site
- PayPal - users purchase enrolment with Paypal
In addition, the Publish as LTI tool enrolment plugin, together with the LTI authentication plugin, allows remote users on a different site to access selected courses and activities.