In 2006 I started contributing to MoodleDocs as a way to learn the software. I stepped intense editing in July 2010 because of additional work and family commitments. Looks like I am back with the same motivation.
This summer (July-Aug 2011), I was given the task to build a few webservers for our internal LAN (intranet).
Our use of the application is simple. We do tests, have people download pdfs and fill out questionnaires. I decided that I might as well install 2.1. Our previous servers were 1.5.x Moodles :) We upgraded a 1.5 Moodle server to 1.9 last summer this is a bit more ambitious.
I will be adding a custom language (a version of AmericanSpeak), building 50 exams, 30 questionnaires and uploading 100 or so PDF files as resources. Then I will do the same thing x3 again and then x2 again and perhaps again.
MoodleDocs 2.0 self professed goals
- Make sure the menu paths are for Moodle 2.0
- Stick with technical how tos, encourage practical examples for teachers
- Remember English pages are read/translated by non-native speakers
- After editing for 2.0, delete detail instructions for 1.9 replace them with links to a 1.9 page
- Delete opinions and sales pitches for Moodle 2.0
- Identify Tips and Notes, so the "impatient" can skim.
- Pay attention to the way others edit my words so I can improve my style
Best to all, Chris --chris collman 20:21, 19 July 2011 (WST)