My page in MoodleDocs. I have edited MoodleDocs since 2006. It is the way I learn.
History if you are interested
In 2006 I started contributing to MoodleDocs as a way to learn the software. I stepped intense editing in July 2010 because of additional work and family commitments. Looks like I am back with the same motivation.
This summer (July-Aug 2011), I was given the task to build a few webservers for our internal WAN (intranet).
Our use of the application is simple. We do tests, have people download pdfs and fill out questionnaires. I decided that I might as well install 2.1. Our previous servers were 1.5.x Moodles :) We upgraded a 1.5 Moodle server to 1.9 last summer this is a bit more ambitious.
I will be adding a custom language (a version of AmericanSpeak), building 50 exams, 30 questionnaires and uploading 100 or so PDF files as resources. Then I will do the same thing x3 again and then x2 again and perhaps again.
MoodleDocs 2.1 self professed goals
- Make sure the menu paths are for Moodle 2.1
- Stick with technical how tos, encourage practical examples for teachers
- Add some images that are annotated with numbers for references
- Remember English pages are read/translated by non-native speakers
- After editing for 2.1, delete detail instructions for 1.9
- Delete opinions and sales pitches for Moodle 2.1
- Identify Tips and Notes, so the "impatient" can skim.
- Pay attention to the way others edit my words so I can improve my style
Best to all, Chris --chris collman 20:21, 19 July 2011 (WST)