HotPot module for Moodle 2.0
The HotPot module for Moodle 2.0 offers most of the functionality of the HotPot module for Moodle 1.0, and includes some additional functionality that was not available in Moodle 1.0.
The features are no longer available:
- add several HotPot activities at once
New features that are available in HotPot for Moodle 2.0
- an entry page can be displayed the HotPot quiz
- an exit page can be displayed after the quiz finishes
- new types of quiz can be handled
- quiz content can be passed through filters
- media can be inserted using square-brackets notation (see explanation below)
- custom text can be specified on the button to stop a quiz
- access to the HotPot is dependent on student gaining required grade on a specified Moodle activity
- after finishing the HotPot, the next Moodle activity can be specified
The HotPot module for Moodle 2.0 was completely rewritten in order to make efficient use of the new programming API that is used by the core PHP code Moodle 2.0. The HotPot module was removed from the standard download of Moodle until such time as it is deemed to be stable and conform to Moodle's programming standards. These requires that the module use Moodle's standard API's, and is documented according using phpdoc notation.