- Activity administration
- Building an activity
- CSS tips and tricks
- JS tips and tricks
- Activating RSS
- Activity workflow
The Dataform CSV view is designed mainly for CSV export/import purposes. The view allows you to predefine the set of Dataform fields to export/import, the desired field content by pattern (e.g. human readable dates, entry author info etc.), the export column order, the import column headings and the target export type (csv, xls, ods). You can define different export/import templates (different instances of the csv view) for the same activity and via the view access permissions allow different role/user access to designated export/import views.
Export data to a csv file
- Open view
- Click Export all or Export page from the menu bar.
- A csv file will be downloaded to your computer.
Import data from a csv file
- Click import option in the menu bar.
- Fields import settings - list of fields to be imported.
- Csv settings - control file settings and upload file.
The list of patterns to export import, each pattern in a new line. This list is equivalent to the Entry template of the Aligned view type and if the view is designed to display entries (by adding the ##entries## tag in the View template), the entries will be displayed in an aligned table, one column per pattern.
Enable/Disable export for the view instance. With export enabled you can select the export file type (csv, excel, calc; default csv).
Enable/Disable export for the view instance.
- Delimiter: Select the character which separates fields in the exported/imported CSV file. The comma character (,) is set as the default character. Other available characters are: semicolon (;) colon (:) and tab (/t).
- Enclosure: Select the character that surrounds each field. By default there is no enclosure.
- Encoding: Select a default character encoding. For Import you can override this default in the Import form.
Type specific patterns
##export:all##: ... ##export:page##: ... ##import##: ...