- Activity administration
- Building an activity
- CSS tips and tricks
- JS tips and tricks
- Activating RSS
- Activity workflow
The Dataform CSV view is designed mainly for CSV export/import purposes. The view allows you to predefine the set of Dataform fields to export/import, the desired field content by pattern (e.g. human readable dates, entry author info etc.), the export column order, the import column headings and the target export type (csv, xls, ods). You can define different export/import templates (different instances of the csv view) for the same activity and via the view access permissions allow different role/user access to designated export/import views.
Export data to a csv file
- Open view
- Click Export all or Export page from the menu bar.
- A csv file will be downloaded to your computer.
Import data from a csv file
- Click import option in the menu bar.
- Fields import settings - list of fields to be imported.
- Csv settings - control file settings and upload file.
Select your preferred file format for export purposes. The default format is set to CSV. Other options are: excel, calc, etc.
- Delimiter: Select the character which separates fields in the exported/imported CSV file. The comma character (,) is set as the default character. Other available characters are: semicolon (;) colon (:) and tab (/t).
- Enclosure: Select the character that surrounds each field. By default there is no enclosure.
- Encoding: Select a default character encoding. For Import you can override this default in the Import form.
Type specific patterns
##export:all##: ... ##export:page##: ... ##import##: ...