Publishing a course
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.1. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Publishing a course.
Question to ask yourself
Why to publish a course
You have a great course, spent a lot of time on it, you want:
- to share it with the world
- to show your work
- to sell your course design/methodology
- to attract more participants (students, teachers...)
- You want to "advertise" your site if you are seeking for more people to participate in it
- You want to "share" your site if you are seeking for people to download your course structure and use it in their own Moodle site.
If you decide to "share" your course it is important to choose the right licence.
How to advertise my course
Advertise and update
You can advertise your course once on any hub.
- go to a course
- select 'Publish' operation in course settings block.
- select 'Advertise' operation.
- select the hub where you want to advertise your course.
- fill the information and select 'Publish' operation.
- you should see a message saying the operation was successfull. You should see the advertise course into the 'Published on' list. You can update your advertising selecting the 'Update' operation. All the update steps should be familiar to you.
Check hub listing status
To know if your publication is visible on the hub: on the 'Published on' list, select the 'Check hub listing status' operation. Your Moodle site will contact the specific hub related to the publication. It will update the status of all courses published on this hub.
You can decide to unpublish your site from the hub. Select the 'Unpublish' operation.