Manual install on Windows 7 with Apache and MySQL
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.1. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Manual install on Windows 7 with Apache and MySQL.
These are instructions for installing on Windows 7 desktop using individual components rather than a one click installer. This is intended only as a testing/evaluation install via 'localhost'. Proper server configuration and security is not considered.
Step 1: Install MySQL
- Install the MySQL database server on your PC. We will do this using the 'MSI' one-click installer for Windows. Go to http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/ and download the 'MySQL Installer for Windows'. At the time of writing this was from a very obvious graphic at the top of the screen (which I missed the first time).
- Run the installation. Click...
- Install MySQL products
- Accept the license
- Allow the version check (optional)
- At 'Choose a Setup Type' accept the "Developer Default" and click Next
- A number of downloads of required software may be identified. Click Execute and follow onscreen instructions to install them.
- At 'Installation progress' screen, hit Execute - the MySQL software will be installed