Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.1. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Manual enrolment.
The manual enrolments plugin allows users to be enrolled manually via a link in the course administration settings. The plugin has to be enabled by the site administrator (see Enrolment plugins) and should normally be enabled as certain other enrolment plugins, such as self enrolment, require it.
Checking you have manual enrolment in your course
- In a course, go to Settings > Course administration > Users > Enrolment methods
- Make sure Manual enrolments has its "eye" opened:
Editing the manual enrolment method
Managers (and any other users with the capability enrol/manual:config) can edit the manual enrolment method in the course and set the default enrolment period and default role in Settings > Course administration > Users > Enrolment methods.
Default settings for manual enrolment in courses may be specified in Settings>Site administration>plugins>enrolments>Manual enrolments.
Shared settings for all courses are:
- Enrolment expiration action - specifies what happens when user enrolments reach expiration date. Please note that option "Unenrol user from course" purges grades, group memberships, preferences and other user related data from the courses.
- Hour to send enrolment expiry notifications - specify hour for sending expiration notifications.
Course defaults include:
- Add instance to new courses- if this is enabled, then whenever a new course is created, manual enrolments will automatically be enabled
- Enable manual enrolments - this makes this plugin available throughout Moodle and it is advisable to do this.
- Default enrolment period - this sets the default length of enrolment (in seconds) and may be altered by a teacher in a course.
- Default role - this sets the default role, which is normally student but may be altered when enrolling users.
- Default enrolment duration - how long should be the enrolment active before it expires.
- Notify before enrolment expires - specifies if teacher or optionally students should be notified before the expiration.
- Notification threshold - specify how many days should be users notified before the enrolment expiration.
Manual enrolment capabilities
- Configure manual enrol instances
- Enrol users
- Manage user enrolments
- Unenrol users from the course
- Unenrol self from the course
- Enrolled users including option to manually enrol a user in the course