Revision as of 22:03, 16 December 2005 by Helen (course admin nav)
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.1. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Groups.
There are three group modes:
- No groups
- There are no sub groups, everyone is part of one big community
- Separate groups
- Each group can only see their own group, others are invisible
- Visible groups
- Each group works in their own group, but can also see other groups
The group mode can be defined at two levels:
- Course level - the group mode defined at the course level is the default mode for all activities defined within that course
- Activity level - each activity that supports groups can also define its own grouping mode. If the course is set to "force group mode" then the setting for each activity is ignored.