Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.1. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Choice FAQ.
How can I enable users to participate in a front page choice activity?
To enable logged-in users to participate in a front page choice activity:
- Update the choice and click the 'Override permissions' tab
- Select the authenticated user role
- Set the capability mod/choice:choose to allow.
- Click the 'Save changes' button.
Can I use images or other file types as choice options instead of text?
To do this, first upload your images or sound files (mp3) or video files to your course:
- Go to your course files and get the URL (web address) of the files you want to display. (You can usually do this by right-clicking and selecting Properties or copy link location)
- Paste it into a text editor like notepad (This is not essential but makes it easier to add the code)
- To display an image, add this code either side of your image URL:
- To display a sound or video file -first ensure your site admin has multimedia plugins/filters enabled
- Add this code either side of your sound or video file:
- Set up your choice as normal and in the options boxes, paste the relevant code+URL.
Beware! Double check before you paste - any extra or missing space or bit of code and it won't work.
- Using Moodle Choice module forum
Using Moodle forum discussions: