Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.1. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: Assignment submissions.
The submissions page contains a table with headings:
- First name and Surname (along with the photograph)
- Grade (for the submitted assignment)
- Comment (the feedback information you have written in the feedback field while grading the assignment)
- Last modified (Student) (the date of the last modification of the assignment by the student)
- Last modified (Teacher) (the date of the last modification of the assignment by the teacher)
- Status (with which you can move to the page where you grade the submitted assignment or, in case it's been graded, update the grade and/or the comment)
Above the table there is an alphabetical index, which helps you narrow down the number of students shown on one page only to those whose surname (or name) starts with the same letter. That is particularly helpful in case of a large number of course participants.
The list of submissions may be sorted by clicking on a particular heading. Clicking twice on the same heading sorts the list in the opposite order. If the table is too large then columns may be collapsed by clicking on the Hide icon next to a particular column heading.
By default, 10 submissions are shown per page, though this may be changed at the bottom of the page.
To grade a submission, click on the Grade link opposite a particular student's name. A new window will open containing a feedback area.
Once you've reviewed the student's assignment, pick the grade for the assignment from the dropdown list. (You set the scale when you created the assignment.) Below the grade scale, you can type comments regarding their work. When you're done, click "Save changes" or "Save and show next".
You may prefer to use "quick grading" by checking the box at the bottom of the submissions page. This enables you to quickly grade multiple assignments all on one page, rather than one by one in a new window. Simply add the grades and comments then when you're done, click "Save all my feedback" at the bottom of the page.
- Using Moodle Deleting Submitted Assignments forum discussion