Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Quiz activity.
- Managing questions
- Question behaviours
- Question types
- Simple Calculated
- Drag and drop into text
- Drag and drop markers
- Drag and drop onto image
- Calculated Multichoice
- Embedded Answers (Cloze)
- Multiple Choice
- Random Short Answer Matching
- Select missing words
- Third-party question types
- Questions FAQ
The Quiz activity module allows the teacher to design and build quizzes consisting of a large variety of Question types, including multiple choice, true-false, and short answer questions. These questions are kept in the Question bank and can be re-used in different quizzes.
- Quizzes can be configured to allow multiple attempts. Each attempt at a question is automatically marked, and the teacher can choose whether to give feedback and/or show the correct answers.
There are many ways to use a quiz.
- Feedback about performance and self-assessment are important parts of a learning environment. There are several ways to give feedback to students: on each question or overall. The quiz module can display feedback and scores at different times during the quiz, using the review options in the Quiz settings.
- A wide variety of Quiz reports (in addition to Grades) are available for use by the teacher. Quiz reports not only can focus on a single student's attempt to answer each question, but also can perform a robust item analysis of a question's validity based upon aggregated student responses.
- A single quiz can automatic select random and/or specific questions from different categories of questions.
- There are different options for scoring (marks-grades) individual questions in a specific quiz, grading attempts for a quiz and each question type.
- The quiz settings allow differentdisplay methods. They can randomize the questions for each student and or randomize the answers for each student.
- The teacher can determine the number of questions on each page of questions the student sees. The teacher can change the position of any question in the quiz. It is possible to put a label with information any place between questions.
The about list only mentions a few features of the quiz module and how it works with the question bank. Please follow the links on this page to learn more.
- Using Moodle book Chapter 6: Quizzes
- Quiz tips and tricks
- Questions available in a Lesson
- Quiz in Moodle 2.0 video