Installing a new theme
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Installing a new theme.
Change Moodle Theme
You can easily change the moodle theme. Here we will install a new theme that has been made by someone else.
1) Download the zip file of the theme
2) Extract to its own named folder
3) Using your FTP program, upload this folder to the /theme folder of your Moodle installation
4) Go to your site administration block
5) You will have to have administrative rights as the user
6) Open Administration > Appearance > Theme > Theme Selector link
8) Click on Clear the Theme caches button
9) Click on the Select theme button on the right of the current theme preview.
10) Scroll down to select your theme and when a choice is made, click the Use theme button
11) Check your Moodle site (e.g. yourdomain.com) by going to the site home page!