Installations 10000 plus
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Installations 10000 plus.
Please add your school info here, if you have a Moodle installation catering (or expecting to cater) for 10,000 or more users.
- LIRWeb (Universidad Católica Argentina - Laboratorio de Informática y Redes) First university in Argentina to implement open source software for education. Using Moodle officially since 2006 with 600+ active courses. Service continued growth incorporating new educational and extra educational features.
- Moodle (TUWEL) user statistics September 25th 2009 - Vienna University of Technology (TU Vienna)
- 19.250 users (students & teachers) - 13.400 students enrolled in courses - 1.030 teachers enrolled in courses - 5000+ active users per day
Our mission is „technology for people“. Through our research we „develop scientific excellence“, through our teaching we „enhance comprehensive competence“.
- moodle @ uni-graz Primary moodle server of the Karl Franzens University Graz.
- Athabasca University - Canada's leading distance-education and online university: Canada's Open University, serving about 30,000 students per year. Athabasca has decided to adopt Moodle as a single platform instead of WebCT Vista (i.e. the top of the line version). You can read their press release for more info.
- Université de Sherbrooke - L'Université de Sherbrooke accueille plus de 37 000 étudiantes et étudiants, provenant de plus de 100 pays, dont quelque 9000 inscrits à l’Université du troisième âge. Plus de 85 % de la population étudiante de l’Université de Sherbrooke provient de l’extérieur de Sherbrooke. L’Université de Sherbrooke emploie 6700 personnes. Elle compte 10 % du corps professoral québécois.
- Beijing Institute of Technology
- Harbin Institute of Technology
- 5,000 different users connected every month
- 100 teachers actually involved
- integration with LDAP
- authentication via CAS
- Politécnico Grancolombiano
- More than 12,000 users - Bogota Campus - 1380 courses - 462 teachers
- Nearly 7,000 users in virtual education all over the country - 265 courses - 122 teachers
- Moodle 1.9.5
- Czech University of Life Sciences Prague
- 31654 users in 7068 courses (12072 active users in last 30 days) / 21 June 2013
- Moodle 1.9.5
- integration with LDAP and Oracle
- Administration: E-learning Support Centre, Division of IT, CULS Prague
- Université de Rennes 2 - Haute Bretagne - 20,000 to 30,000 users in 1400 courses
- 8,000 different users connected every month
- 300 teachers actually involved
- integration with LDAP and Esup-Portail (based on uPortal) ;
- authentication via CAS
- Université Toulouse 1 Capitole - 18,000 users in 800 courses, Moodle 1.9.11+
- 300 teachers actually involved
- integration with LDAP and Esup-Portail (based on uPortal)
- authentication via CAS
- Technische Universität Berlin - 10,400 Users in 402 courses (updated: 07.June.2007)
- After a test period, the Information System for Instructors and Students (ISIS) was launched in september 2006.
- Technische Universität Darmstadt - ~25,000 Users in ~3,000 courses. Using Moodle since 2009 (updated: 09.04.2014)
- Bergische Universität Wuppertal - ~16000 Users in ~4600 courses (updated: 15 May 2012)
- AMIE a residential AMIE Institute in Kerala, India, listed in LIMCA Book of Records with 130 All India Ranks, is best ever for AMIE coaching & IIT & NIT higher studies.
- Dublin City University 18,000 users in 3,600 courses.
- The University of the West Indies - 23,000+ users in 1600+ courses
- The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand - 35,000+ students, 6,500+ courses, single sign-on for library services using Ezy Proxy, single sign-on for webmail, using SquirrelMail, uses LDAP for interface with Sears Student Management System. Comments by Ken Udas, Director of eLearning at the Open Polytechnic
- Al-Quds University - 12,000+ users in 900+ courses. Al-Quds University started using moodle in 2004.
- University Virtual Learning Environment (UVLe - uvle.up.edu.ph) of the University of the Philippines Diliman is a highly customized Moodle for about 22,000 students and faculty. UVLe is maintained and operated by the UP Diliman Interactive Learning Center. Its related but separate installation is at ovle.upd.edu.ph.
- Ateneo de Zamboanga University - with 10,000+ faculty, staff and students (started using Moodle since 2002)
- e-Learning for agriculture and fisheries We started using Moodle in 2007. As of February 2013, we have over 13950 registered users in a single instance of Moodle 1.9+ over LAMP. We offer certificate courses as well as free digital resources in various agriculture and fisheries topics. All our online courses are in SCORM scheduled in rolling mode. The site is maintained by the Agricultural Training Institute of the country's Department of Agriculture.
- http://online.benilde.edu.ph - De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde with more than 15000+ users faculty & students (started using moodle since 2004)
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa - 5000+ users in 400+ pages.
- Rhodes University in Grahamstown runs an instance of Moodle as its institutional LMS RUconnected currently with more than 10 000 registered users, including more than 550 teachers.
- Universitat Jaume I. Official VLE since 2004. 13.600 real users (12.500 students and 1.100 teachers) and 1.300 active courses on February 2009. Moodle 1.9.x.
- La Universitat Politecnica de Cataluña on september 2005 started a pilot Moodle installation with 3.000 Students. On september 2006 the migration from the old campus to Moodle will be complete with more than 30.00 students El campus Atenea 4 runs Moodle 1.4.5 y an will be updated to Moodle 1.5.3 in september 2006. UPC has developed several applicatons adn bridges between its own informacion systems.
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili using Moodle for three academic years. At present version 1.5.4+ to be updated to 1.6.4+ in short. In march 2007, 22701 users registered and 3500 courses created aprox.
- Integration with the academic management information system
- Integration with the corporative LDAP user’s directory
- Average of 504 courses used regularly (logs at least once a week)
- Average of 3200 students login at least once a day
- Average of 7200 students login at least once a week
- 10500 users (teachers and students) accessed at least once during the last month (data from 26th march 2007)
- Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ULPGC) - 24.000 users in aprox. 1800 courses. We started with Moodle 1.4 four years ago as a test pilot project for a small number of courses. Now offered as a basic service for all courses at ULPGC: 55 official EU titles and 5 more offered ONLY through Web.
- We are using version 1.6.3 with LDAP authentification
- Custom modules: ULPGCAssignment and ULPGCDialogUe, heavily modified Appointment/Scheduler
- Custom groupings/scopes for small team activities (e.g. group assignment)
- Regular-intense usage ranks by 60% of courses/students.
- Universitat de Barcelona - 60.000 users in 7.300 courses. Started in September 2006 as a project, UB Moodle site will be open for all next September.
- Universidad de Extremadura - 15000 users in aprox. 700 courses.
- Andalusia Blended Learning .VLE of Lifelong Learning Service of Junta de Andalucía.Actually (2009/2010) 1600 courses and 25000 in aprox. Between them 1500 teachers. It's expected 35000 users next year. This VLE is complemented with LifeLong Learning VLE that offers and open access to educational materials developed for blended learning.
Linnaeus University - 35.000 students and and 2.000 employees in 2011 - 23.000 Moodle users in 2.000 Moodle courses.
- More then 17,000 registed Users
- 16,000 users login in one day( Max. )
- 3,000 courses per semester
- integration with novell ichan for single sign on
- integration with school support system
our moodle web site: 
Trinidad and Tobago
The University of the West Indies St. Augustine Campus
- More then 22,000 registed Users
- Over 500 Courses per semester
- Over 1500 Teachers
Using Moodle since 2006.
- The Open University (OU) - the United Kingdom's only university dedicated to distance learning. They have around 150,000 undergraduate and more than 30,000 postgraduate students. As of October 2010, the OU's Moodle database contains over 700,000 users and 7,000 courses.
- OpenLearn The Open University's open content initiative. Website development began in May 2006 and the site was launched in October 2006, supported by a grant from The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation. By April 2008, 5,400 learning hours of content will be available online. Currenly (early 2007) over 10,000 unique users.
- The University of Glasgow - A long-established (founded 1451) and high-profile research university in the UK, with 20,000 students (16,000 undergrad, 4,000 postgrad), 6,000 staff, 20,000 unique users of Moodle (as of Jan 2008). Uses LDAP for integration with Novell and a custom MIS system for user authentication. Their site is organised on a one Moodle site per faculty basis to facilitate both appropriate themeing and to simplify balancing across servers.
- Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) uses moodle for both curriculum and Corporate and Continuing Education. For curriculum it runs in parallel to Blackboard as faculty migrate to moodle over time. There are currently no plans to go moodle only, although many administrators favor this option. The server has 30,000 or so users on it, but the actual number of active users varies widely. It is used for both hybrid and full-online classes. Corporate and Continuing Education runs its own branded instance and uses only moodle for distance education. We have about 80,000 students total, covering the range from GED, adult-ed, curriculum, and other areas serviced by 7 campuses in and around Charlotte, North Carolina.
- San Francisco State University (SFSU) uses moodle for more than three years now. We use moodle for our main campus and the College of Extended Learning (CEL). For curriculum, moodle used to run in parallel with Blackboard as faculty migrate to moodle over time (SFSU officially phased out Blackboard, as of 6/30/2007). The servers have total of 89K users (as of 09/05/2007), among these 89K users, 28K are considered as currently active. As for courses, we have total of 57K courses sitting on our database, and among them, around 53K are considered as active. We also have integrated Moodle with our SIMS/R system (see http://www.sfsu.edu/sims/overview.htm). We also have courses that have more than 1,300+ students in one course with lots of quizzes (20+) and quiz attempts. The student population in SFSU covers the range from undergraduate, graduate, and first professional students.
- StraighterLine uses Moodle since 2012 to deliver 60 college level general education courses recommended for credit by the American Council on Education. Courses are designed for self-paced delivery to provide students a flexible and low-cost college credit option. Courses are accepted via transfer at over 75 regionally accredited institutions in the US.
- Cecilio Acosta Catholic University (UNICA) - with 10,000+ faculty, staff and students (started using Moodle since 2005)