Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Game module.
- Discussion in English
- Success stories of Module Game
- Suggest modes of educational exploitation
- Sites that uses it
This module contains 8 games and is translated to Basque, Frence, Greek, Norwegian, Rusian, Spanish
1) Hangman: This game takes words from either a Glossary or quiz short answer questions and generates a hangman puzzle. Teacher can set the number of words that each game contains, if shows the first or last letter, or if show the question or the answer at the end.
2) Crossword: This game takes words from either a Glossary or quiz short answer questions and generates a random crossword puzzle. Teacher can set the maximum number of columns/rows or words that contains. Student can press the button “Check crossword” to check if the answers are correct. Every crossword is dynamic so it is different to every student.
3) Cryptex: This game is like a crossword but the answers are hidden inside a random cryptex.
4) Millionaire: This game takes words from multiple choice quiz questions and creates a “Who wants to be a Millionaire” style game complete with the three lifelines.
5) Sudoku: This game shows a sudoku puzzle to the students with not enough numbers to allow it to be solved. For each question the student correctly answers an additional number is slotted into the puzzle to make it easier to solve.
6) The hidden picture: This game randomly grabs an image from a glossary and hides it behind panels. As each question is answered correctly a portion of the image is revealed. How fast can they guess the image?
7) Snakes and Ladders: The students have to traverse a traditional “Snakes and Ladders” board by answering questions taken from either a Glossary or quiz short answer questions. As they get n answer right the dice is rolled and a random number displayed. If the student is in the bottom of the ladders and answers correct goes to the top. If he is in head of snake and answers wrong goes to tail.
8) Book with questions: When the student answers correct can go to the next chapter. Source for each game
Glossary Questions Game True / False Short answer Multi choice Hangman X Χ Crossword X Χ Cryptex X Χ Millionaire Χ Sudoku X Χ Χ Χ The hidden picture X Χ Χ Χ Snakes and Ladders Χ Χ Book with questions X Χ Χ Χ