Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Feedback activity.
The Feedback module allows you to create and conduct surveys to collect feedback. Unlike the Survey tool it allows you to write your own questions, rather than choose from a list of pre-written questions and unlike the Quiz tool, you can create non-graded questions. The Feedback activity is ideal for the likes of course or teacher evaluations.
The Feedback module is included in Moodle 2.0, but disabled by default.
The long term plan is to replace Feedback with a new module combining the best of Questionnaire, Feedback and Survey. See Development:Survey 2 brainstorm
Enabling Feedback Module
- As an administrator, go to Settings > Site Administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Manage activities
- Turn on the (open) eye of "Feedback"
Enabling Feedback Block
To provide the option of adding a Feedback block to a course, you must first ensure the block type has been enabled. When added to a course, the Feedback block will display a list of all Feedback activities associated with a course. This is helpful for when you want to draw the user's attention to completing the Feedback activity.
- Go to Settings>Site Administration>Plugins>Blocks>Manage blocks
- Turn on the eye of "Feedback" here to in order to have Feedback as a block.
- Student feedback captured within Moodle blog post with video