Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Site registration.
Registration on a hub
Why would I register
you must be registered to:
- you will receive security alert by email from Moodle.org.
- teachers can publish courses on Mooch
Go to Site Administration > Registration. There select register on Moodle.org.
You will notice that you can also register another hub.
Update a registration
- manually: process to a registration on the same hub. The registration process will directly contact the hub to send it updated site information.
- run the admin cron script. The cron script automatically update the registration.
Once registered on a hub, the hub should appears on the 'Registered with' hub list. You can unregister from any hub. When you unregister you can decide to unpublish your courses from the hub or not. If you keep them, next time you will register on the hub, teachers will be able to see which courses were previously published.
On the front page or course page, turn editing on and add the Community block
required user capabilities
Following a list of capabilites you could want to assign:
- moodle/community:add => user can search for courses and bookmark them on their community block.
- moodle/community:download => user can search for courses and download them into their private folder. The user can restore the downloaded courses if the user has the moodle/restore:restorecourse capability.