Name to structure or reaction question type
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Name to structure or reaction question type.
|Name to structure or reaction question type|
With this question type you can query students to reproduce a single molecule, set of molecules or reactions. This question type is similar to Structure match with editor question type and the Pattern-match with JME question type but offers some distinct advantages (see features below). This plugin requires Marvin Applets from Chemaxon.
- Please draw the structure of water showing all lone pairs?
- Draw acetic acid and its dissociation in water?
- Draw all stereoisomers for the following molecule?
- Draw (R)-3-methyl-pentan-2-ol?
- Utilizes Chemaxons extended smiles (cxsmiles) format with the unique option.
- Supports reactions
- E/Z and R/S stereochemistry
- Unique smiles output
- Lone pair and radical electrons and charges allowed.
- Instructor builds structure in editor and easily inserts into answer fields
This plugin adopts the same license that Moodle does. The Marvin Applets are free for academic purposes.
This plugin was developed at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP). Neither IUP nor Carl LeBlond are affiliated with Chemaxon.
This plugin requires Marvin Applets from Chemaxon which can be downloaded from http://www.chemaxon.com/download/marvin-suite/#mapplets. Download the full package and install it at your web servers root directory.